Reasons it is awesome to have a 4-year-old roommate:
1. No sneaky bathroom behavior. When she has to poop, you know. “DADDY! I am going POOOOOOOOP now!”
2. When she doesn’t like your cooking, there is no unnecessary filter. “This is disgusting. DISGUSTING, Kelli.”
3. She lovingly refers to WNM as “Nelsie.”
4. She cuddles me, even when I am watching foreign movies and she can neither understand the spoken language, nor read the captions. No matter, she understands more than you would guess.
5. She introduced me to “Pitch Perfect.” Acabelievable.
6. She calls my beau “Harry Potter” because he once spoke to her in a British accent and wears glasses. With wide eyes, she looked at him and said, “YOU ARE HARRY POTTER!” Priceless.
7. When she gets the remote, she flips through channels until she finds something that looks interesting. But before really giving it any time, will make sure to ask an adult, “Is this appropriate?” Nine times out of ten, it is a housewife show. And she has a devilish, maybe-they-will-say-yes-this-time smirk.
8. And those toes. I mean, are you kidding me? She is pretty much the most perfect kid ever. (Never mind I say that about nearly all of my friends’ kids.)
I’ll miss you kid.
(your favorite aunt. Never mind the bio aunts. Or the others.)