Candace’s Thanksgiving Apron
A few things I’m thankful for this year:
– Grandmothers who inspire me regularly to be better
– My little brother’s sense of humor
– My girlfriends. Nearby, far away, in other countries — I am blessed with great friendships. Thank you!
– My extended families who always make me feel like I’m one of their own clan
– Community work; feeling like my job has a greater purpose
– a church where I am accepted for exactly who I am
– a strengthening relationship with God
– being loved, loving, feeling the full spectrum of confusing emotions involved
– time and passion for creativity and art
– Finny and her little farm; she makes me want to be better at just about everything
– Spending Christmas with my family on the beach in Mexico in a few weeks
– Friends who do great favors, like design my book cover
– Salty Senor, for always making me giggle
– And the superficial: Dior Addict mascara, Tory Burch flats, great jeans, t-shirts, all things Target, Changing Hands Bookstore, my bike, swimming, pumpkin cookies/bars/pie, Sweet Republic Ice Cream, dark chocolate, a good glass of wine, bowling, Zappos.com, great stationery, NPR, REI, and Bumble and Bumble thickening hair spray.
Happy Thanskgiving weekend to you and your family!